Curried Sweet Potato Soup
A quick and easy bowl of nourishing soup. Perfect for health conscious consumers and those looking to try something new.
Time: 10 minutes prep time + 12 minutes cook time
Serves: 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1.4l vegan stock
- 400g chilled sweet potato chunks
- 400g canned chickpeas, drained
- 100g spinach leaves
- 1 tsp black onion seeds (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and curry powder and cook for another 2 minutes stirring.
- Add the stock, bring up to boil and stir in the sweet potatoes and chickpeas. Simmer gently for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the spinach leaves, cook for another minute until just wilted. Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with nigella seeds.