Eggs Benedict with Sweet Potato Gratin
By replacing a muffin with a Sweet Potato Gratin, this luxurious breakfast dish is sure to have people coming back for more.
Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 10 People
- 10 Aviko Sweet Potato Gratins
- Dash of white wine vinegar
- 10 eggs
- 10 Wiltshire ham slices
- 1kg hollandaise sauce
- 50g chives
- Smoked paprika
- Bake the Aviko Sweet Potato Gratins as per the on pack instructions.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil then turn down to a simmer. Add a dash of white wine vinegar.
- Crack the eggs into two ramekins. Stir the water gently so it is moving and then drop the eggs gently into the water.
- Cook for 2½ minutes stirring the water occasionally so the eggs don’t stick.
- Lift the eggs out of the water using a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- To serve, place the gratin portions onto the centre of a serving plate.
- Place a slice of ham onto each gratin and then top with the poached eggs.
- Spoon over the hollandaise sauce and sprinkle with the chives and a pinch of paprika.
- Top Tip: Replace the ham with asparagus spears and rashers of bacon for a different twist.