Jerk Chicken with Sweet Potato and Peas
Hot and spicy Jerk flavours go particularly well with sweet potatoes. This recipe will be noticed and help get punters through the door.Hot and spicy Jerk flavours go particularly well with sweet potatoes. This recipe will be noticed and help get punters through the door.
- 1kg chicken thighs and drums
- 800g sweet potatoes chunks
- 4 spring onions, cut in 5cm lenghts
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200 g frozen peas
- For the marinade: 1 tbsp vegetable oil, 1-2 Scotch bonnet chillies or other chillies, 1 small onion (roughly chopped), 2 cloves garlic (peeled), Juice 1 lime
- To make the marinade; blitz all the ingredients in amini processor, keep switching it off and pushing the ingredients down until you have a thick paste.
- Make slashes through the skin of the chicken and spread the marinade all over.
- Set aside for at least 20 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven, 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4. Roast the chicken for 30-40 minutes until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a skewer.
- Toss the potatoes and spring onions with the oil andsome salt and pepper and roast on a tray alongsidethe chicken for 30 minutes, turning occasionally untilbeginning to char.
- Bring a small pan of water to the boil, add the peas and cook for 2-3 minutes, drain and toss in with the roasted potatoes. Serve the chicken with a pile of potato and peas.