Peri Peri Chicken Legs with Sweet Potato Fries
A simple peri peri sauce elevates a standard dish of chicken and chips, and by swapping out the fries for sweet potato fries, you’re onto a winner with this recipe.
Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 10 People
- 2kg Aviko Sweet Potato Fries
- 10 whole chicken legs
- 1.25kg peri peri sauce (half for marinating, half for serving)
- 10 corn on the cob
- Marinate the chicken legs in half of the peri peri sauce for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the corn in the water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Roast the chicken legs in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes at 220C then let rest for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat a grill pan and char the corn on all sides until slightly blackened and charred.
- Fry the Aviko Sweet Potato Fries as per the on pack instructions.
- To serve, put the Aviko Sweet Potato Fries and corn onto serving plate, add the chicken legs, and pour over the rest of the peri peri sauce.