Roasted Sweet Potato and Charred Corn Salad
This is a really easy and colourful main meal salad. It also goes well with slices of pan fried halloumi, salmon or griddled steak.
Time: 15 minutes prep time + 30 minutes cook time
Serves: 4 people
- 400g sweet potato chuncks, drained and dried
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- half a red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 corn on the cob, outer leaves removed
- 120g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
- 150g mixed salad leaves
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved
- coriander leaves, torn and lime wedges to serve
- For the dressing; 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp lime juice and 1 tsp agave or honey
- Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas mark 7.
- Line a baking tray with parchment.
- Spread the potatoes on the tray.
- Mix the chilli and olive oil together with some salt and pepper and drizzle over the potatoes.
- Toss to evenly coat and roast for 25-30 minutes, turning a couple of times, until just beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, soak the onion in water for 5 minutes to soften.
- Heat a griddle pan or chargrill and toast the corn for around 10 minutes, turning regularly until softened and beginning to char.
- Use a knife to slice the corn from the cob and set aside.
- Arrange the leaves on serving plates, scatter over the beans, avocado and tomatoes.
- Top with the sweet potato chunks, corn and drained onions.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and drizzle over the salad before scattering with coriander leaves and serving with lime wedges.