Sweet potato and Chicken Satay Curry
Rich and creamy, this recipe will delight customers and is a fabulously quick satay to prepare.
Time: 5 minutes prep time + 17 minutes cook time
Serves: 4 people
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 600g skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp Thai curry paste (red or green)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 350g sweet potato chunks
- 100g sugar snap peas, halved
- 100g peanut butter
- cooked rice
- torn coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
- Bring a pan of water to the boil, add the rice and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chicken pieces and cook for 5 minutes, turning regularly until brown all over. Add the onion and stir fry for another 5 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the Thai paste and cook for a minute before adding the coconut milk.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and peas and cook for around 2 minutes until the potato is hot.
- Stir in the peanut butter and season to taste. Serve the satay with the rice alongside, scattered with coriander and a lime wedge.