Sweet Potato Curry
A vegetarian delight, this curry complements our Sweet Potato Diced with vegetables and a range of spices.
Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 10 People
- 2.25kg Aviko Sweet Potato Diced
- 75g vegetable oil
- 1kg onion, finely diced
- 100g garlic, finely sliced
- 100g red chilli, diced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Black pepper
- 1¼ tsp turmeric
- 2½ tsp garam masala
- 1¼ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2kg chopped tomatoes
- 2kg coconut milk
- 75g fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 750g red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 50g baby spinach
- 1.2kg cooked rice
- 350g Greek yogurt
- 15g coriander, chopped
- Flaked almonds
- Heat the oil over a low heat in a large pan.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent, then add the garlic, chilli, spices and a pinch of salt and pepper to coat the onions
- Cook out for a few minutes to develop the flavour of the spices.
- Add the sweet potato and coat with the mixture and cook out for a few minutes, then add the tomatoes, coconut milk and ginger.
- Bring to the boil then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the red pepper and cook for 5 minutes, then add the spinach and wilt. Season.
- To serve, add the curry to a serving bowl and serve the rice on the side, garnished with the lime.
- Add the yogurt onto the curry, and sprinkle over the coriander and flaked almonds