Tex Mex Eggs
Great as a brunch or supper dish. This colourful and tasty dish will get customers salivating.
Time: 10 minutes prep time + 26-28 minutes cook time
Serves: 4 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oinion, sliced
- 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp chipotle paste
- 800g tinned tomatoes
- 300g sweet potato chunks
- 4 eggs
- To serve: handful torn parsley leaves + 4 tbsp thick natural yogurt (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large shallow pan, add the onion and peppers and cook for 5-8 minutes until softened.
- Stir in the garlic and chipotle paste and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, breaking up any whole or larger bits and simmer gently for 10 minutes until slightly thickened and reduced.
- Stir in the potatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes until it is piping hot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make 4 small wells in the sauce.
- Carefully crack an egg into a ramekin or small cup and add to the hole. Repeat with the other eggs.
- Cover, keep the heat on low and leave to cook for 5-6 minutes until the white has just set and the yolk is still runny.
- Serve scattered with parsley leaves and yogurt alongside.